Friday, August 23, 2013

SUCCESS IS NOW MEASURED IN SMALL ACCOMPLISHEMENTS

Sandra succeeds at hand washing...

“OK let’s see I saw her do this, get the metal tub”. “OK fine, no problem I can make due with cold water”. “well I guess I should only put in 5-6 small pieces of clothing (preferably underwear since small)” “wow this is going to take a long time at this rate, oh well" . "now this isn’t so bad I’ve done this lots of time (though with delicate clothes, huh but this can’t be that different)” .“la la la jeez this is kind of hurting by back” . “Those poor pioneer women this isn’t so easy”. “OK, time to squat this is killing my back”. “oh COME ON how much more?” 15 minutes…. 20 minutes… “ la la la   come on Sandra slow down, give the last group as much attention as first or they won’t be clean”. “wow this is some dirty water, ick, I didn’t know clothes got this dirty, gross”. “ooohhh my hands are going to look like I’m 100 by the time I’m done with 2 years”. “la la la... wow in addition to rock hard legs from squatting in the outhouses women here must have really strong hands” .“huh jeans are really heavy and kind of  hurt wringing them”. “well in addition to strong legs and strong hands the women here must have strong arms too”. “OK finally!  time to hang on the line”. “ugh this metal tub with all these clothes is kind of heavy, oh Sandra shut up women have been doing this 100s of years“. “OH come on, why did it have to be the jean shorts that fell in the sand? Fine I’ll re-rinse later”. “la la la.... hey wait a minute, she had more clothes hanging and there are hardly any clothespins, what the heck? ok, fine, I can figure this out, it’s just a matter of math” . “OK check – add clothespins to shopping list” . “OH PUPPIES you are SO cute but get away from my feet!”
 
“OH NO PUPPY leave my panties alone! Oh crap, dumb puppy now I have to add those to the re-rinse pile I GUESS I’m starting”. “ok… if I use one pin on those but two on those I may be able to do this”. “huh… how did she do this? I KNOW, I’ll go get some clothes hangers from my room”.  “there I knew I could do this, hang shirts on hangers”. “ok… dang it, they slide off, that isn’t going to work, now I can add that shirt into the re-rinse pile”.  “Well there ya go! I did it! Hooray! Look at that!”. "oh I forgot about re-rinses down here“. "THERE I DID IT!"." wow, that’s a lot of big ass panties I hope no one can see them….”
 
And 3 hours later. "hooray, dry! I can put away".  "yikes these are crunchy, what I wouldn't give for a snuggles dryer sheet right now". "oooh dryer, washing machine...oh dream...." " oh my god, what is this going to be like in winter? Will I be able to stand my clothes up because they're frozen (this thought made me laugh)".

There ya go, all clean  clothes put away. Well... I admit, one shirt did not pass the underarm sniff test, "darn, must have been towards the end when I was rushing, I'll do better next time".


SUCCESS IS NOW MEASURED IN SMALL ACCOMPLISHEMENTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment